Good news! Our request to defer this update until the new Mayor and Council member are seated was granted. Now, the update of the Escondido Climate Action Plan (E-CAP) will be given to the NEW and improved Mayor and Council on January 16, 2019 Time to be announced. Please come at share your input with the city council. Sierra Club requests are contained here. NCG CAP and Adaptation Letter to Escondido_26_NOV2018
Watch this space for additional information. If you are interested in being notified on this and other Sierra Club conservation issues, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the meeting, it will be important to make the following requests:
The new E-CAP:
- Should adopt 100% clean energy as a goal like many cities in the region have.
- Should evaluate Community Choice Energy.
- Commit to developing a master plan and measurable goals for biking, walking, and transit use.
- Must not rely on out of region mitigation.
- Must include a social equity element.
- Should include adaptation policies to stop new developments in fire and flood prone areas.
- Should include a Public Implementation Taskforce.
- Must be measurable and enforceable.
The meeting will be held in City Council Chambers at 201 N. Broadway, Escondido City Hall.