Good news! Our request to defer this update until the new Mayor and Council member are seated was granted. Now, the update of the Escondido Climate Action Plan (E-CAP) will be given to the NEW and improved Mayor and Council on December 19 at 4:30. Please come at share your input with the city council. Sierra Club requests are contained here. NCG CAP and Adaptation Letter to Escondido_26_NOV2018
Watch this space for additional information. If you are interested in being notified on this and other Sierra Club conservation issues, please let us know at email@example.com
At the meeting, it will be important to make the following requests:
The new E-CAP:
- Should adopt 100% clean energy as a goal like many cities in the region have.
- Should evaluate Community Choice Energy.
- Commit to developing a master plan and measurable goals for biking, walking, and transit use.
- Must not rely on out of region mitigation.
- Must include a social equity element.
- Should include adaptation policies to stop new developments in fire and flood prone areas.
- Should include a Public Implementation Taskforce.
- Must be measurable and enforceable.
The meeting will be held in City Council Chambers at 201 N. Broadway, Escondido City Hall.