Please attend the City Council meeting tomorrow, April 6, at 5PM or file a comment to endorse action on implementing the Escondido Climate Action Plan. A few members of the Community Advisory Group met and will be supporting this priorities. The update is here starting on page 20 https://mccmeetings.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/escondidca-pubu/MEET-Packet-68cdeed68f9449459a08222e75cf6759.pdf
- Creation of the Climate Commission
- Pursue plans and grant funding for Urban Forest and tree planting goals
- Development of the Zero Waste Plan including developing a single-use-plastics ban
- Food Justice and Sustainable agriculture
- Development of Cooling Centers
- Development of the Energy Equity Plan
The Council needs to hear that we urge strong action and we are ready to help!