Let’s go camping!
The North County Group of the Sierra Club is hosting a car camping trip for up to 30 people in the beautiful Laguna Mountains.
Spend the weekend or just spend a day exploring the area if you have an Adventure Pass. You provide all the fixin’s for traditional car camping; pretty much anything you can fit in your car. The $35.00 fee covers the campsite, firewood, organized day hikes, and a Sunday pancake breakfast. Sorry, no RVs.
Mount Laguna Car Camp
Friday, September 28 – Sunday, September 30
Leader: DJ Strong (951-764-2576)
Assistant: Dave Cowan
Difficulty: Easy (it’s just car camping)
Maps: 7.5 min Mt Laguna (if you’re day hiking)
Meet: After 2 pm Friday, Buckwheat site at Mount Laguna/El Prado group campground
Directions: From Escondido
I-15 south, I-8 east, Exit S-1 Sunrise Highway, Sunrise Hwy to Los Huecos Rd, Campground is on Los Huecos. Drive time is approximately 1.5 hours from Escondido.
- $35 camping fee per person (mail before Sept 19)
- Adventure Pass if you’re just staying for the day (not needed in the campground)
- Layered clothing for cool nights and warm days
- Sleeping bag and pad
- Stove, cooking gear, cup, utensils
- Ten essentials, map, compass, light, extra food & water, extra clothing, fire starter, knife, first aid kit, sun protection & toilet paper
- Camp chairs
- Any other gear you might like that fits in your car
- Camp meals for you and your group, trail snacks for hikes (see details below)
- Friday dinner is on your own
- Saturday breakfast on your own
Saturday lunch is on your own but consider a trail lunch if you want to day hike.
- Saturday dinner, consider bringing a potluck item to share but don’t bring 20 servings of food. (20×20=400 servings!)
- Sunday breakfast provided and prepared by NCG ExCom
Mail checks made out to: “Sierra Club North County Group”
Please include your email and phone number when mailing your payment
Sierra Club North County Group
P.O. Box 2141
Escondido, CA 92033