At the next Escondido City Council meeting on December 18th, 2019, item 27 6 PM, the Council will consider a significant reduction in the amount of a campaign donation. In a letter filed today, the NCG strongly supports this recommendation and made additional recommendations to make Escondido local government and elections more representative and fair.
NCG PolCom made recommendations including:
- Support the recommended $250/$800 Campaign Contribution Limits for Escondido elections.
- Remove the incumbent ‘war chest’ advantage during this transition.
- Adopt an extended, 24-month version of the San Marcos timing prohibition.
- Add a primary election to ensure the winning candidate has the support of a majority of voters.
- Move the Mayoral election to coincide with the Presidential election cycle.
If you are interested in this important issue, you are urged to attend the meeting.
NCG Political Committee