Sierra Club’s San Diego Chapter is looking for a Community Organizer. A summary of the position appears below. For the full job description, job activities, required skills, expected experience and competencies, and details on applying, visit: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIERRACLUB&cws=39&rid=2203
Associate Community Organizer
The Associate Community Organizer leads the implementation of organizing and educational strategies and outdoor activities for local Sierra Club campaigns focusing on land use, parks, and open space preservation, primarily in San Diego County. Working with community members, volunteers, staff, and officials in the San Diego Chapter area, the Associate Community Organizer builds grassroots power and supports leadership development to achieve Sierra Club’s goals in the areas of conservation and environmental justice.
Required Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Campaign experience: track record of planning and implementing advocacy campaigns, strategic initiatives, or similar efforts
- Ability to effectively organize around a campaign
- Understanding of Intersectional Social Justice issues
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with public, staff, and volunteers
- Equity analysis: awareness of candidate’s own group identities
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $65,000 – $70,000.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Progressive Workers Union.
Sierra Club offers a competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (employer-paid)
- 13 paid holidays and fall break (Dec. 24-31)
- Paid vacation (3-5 weeks)
- Retirement savings 401(k) plan
This is a category 5 non-exempt, represented position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
This position does not have an undergraduate education requirement.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Target start date is July 3, 2023.